Monday, June 2, 2014

Just a Kid

Max is really just a kid.
He is loving summer.  He loves playing outside.
We actually have noticed an increase in words because of his obsession of being outside.
He will say "Walk" to mean go outside and bring us the stroller.
He says "Go Car" which translates to mean he wants to go out on a drive in the car.

He is just a boy who has a different way of learning.

Tonight we were with our good friends and their kids are so kind and patient with Max.  They played in their little pool outside.  Max was even getting involved with the throwing of water.  He doesn't quite understand that if someone throws water on him, he can then in turn, throw water back...but he was laughing and having a great time.  He loves water and could play in it for hours.

It is a good reminder to me as his Mom that he really is just a kid.  He wants to have fun, he doesn't want everything to be hard, he wants to learn and explore, but in his own way.  And really, who doesn't want that for themselves?
I think back to my childhood.  My Dad would practice basketball with us in the driveway for hours.  We would go over my shot time and time again.  But really it wasn't until I was practicing on my own, not being critiqued, that I really learned.  My dad gave me the basics, but I needed to figure it out on my own.

Max is the same.  He needs to figure life out on his own schedule, in his own way. 
 We just need to enter his world and his schedule.






No comments:

Post a Comment