Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Good Luck Max!

Max started Pre-School today.
We tried to get pictures, but he heard "car, school, go!" and wanted nothing to do with pictures.
So we caught a few going down the stairs.
A few college students passing said "awe cute!"  And I agree he was pretty cute walking all grow-up with his backpack pack on.
I am feeling so blessed to have a pre-school like Sunrise so close to our condo.  I am so lucky to have teachers who know how to teach a child with Autism.  I am one lucky Mom.

I can't wait to see him after school today!
Here is hoping for a tantrum free school day.


 Love you Max Strong!
You are going to love school this year!

UPDATE:  Will went and picked him up at school because I was a work.  His teacher said that for the first 30 minutes he was on the floor not moving, upset, and mad.  Then after about 30 minutes she said he started to move and play with toys.  She said after that he was fine for the rest of the day.  HE was VERY happy to see Will and the big buses outside after school.
It is going to get better each day.   He is going to get into a routine and I know he is going to love school.
DAY TWO:  This was a rough one.  He was upset going to the car.  He was upset walking in to his classroom and he was upset when I left.  But I had to leave.  His teacher, Mrs. Becky, is darling.  She knows I am a teacher, and she knows I worry.  So she emailed me during my prep time and told me "Max cried for only 5 minutes after you left, drank his juice, and then played with magnets.  He is currently doing great."  This is exactly what I needed to hear.  I know everyday is going to be different, but I know we are doing the right thing by sending him to preschool even on the hard days.  

1 comment: